Wednesday, October 19, 2011

David Yurman Workshop

My school is so great with connections! I am lucky to go to SCAD, and truly feel blessed after weekends like this past one. Let me tell you about it-

This past weekend I did a workshop with the Senior Designer, Jane Hong, from David Yurman! Let me tell you, I am thrilled I had this opportunity and decided to do this.  Only 15 slots were open. It was so nice to have a break from the usual teachers (not that I don't love them.)  It was just a different pace and face. 

We had to create a mood board before the class and had to choice to design eye wear or watches based off of our mood boards...  Since I have never done watches nor eye wear, I decided to stick with watches. In my head, it is similar to jewelry sketches. We sketched 9am-5pm Friday and Saturday with critiques and "one on ones" with Jane in between. Then Sunday, we were to have rendered sketches of a collection. Talk about FUN!

My mood was creating layers and tantalizing textures.  The ideal woman would be a quirky, trend setter, who loves to layer, mix patterns, juxtapose textures, and pile her jewelry on.
See mood board below: 

Final designs and board below:  (Sorry for horrible iphone pictures.)

(There are million more sketches. I had another collection I would love to render out sometime. I just did not have enough time to do two for critique. I decided two hours of sleep was better! Smart?! Yes.)

Jane was seriously such a sweet woman.  It made me really question if I want to do more fabrication, or design... I still don't know for sure yet, but I do know that becuase of my hard work (and two hours of sleep the night before our collection was due) I am able to be in a Sponsored Class for Limited next quarter!!!!!!!  You hear that!? :) EKKK!!!! I am smiling ear to ear... I'm not suppose to talk about it much, so just know it's exciting and great news! :)

See Jane (the pretty one in front of me) and the rest of my classmates below:

Maybe I am in love with what I do... Even if I just have a job in the creative business one day. I will be happy.

Ps. I go to NYC SO SO SO SOOOON! :)

xoxo
Lilly Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment